Hell is spending the weekend inside with two small children while outside, the rain is teeming. We finally got a break of sun Sunday afternoon and went outside and got all wet in the yard. Bruce tried to replace more of the post and rail fence in our back yard, which is so old and rotten. He got eaten alive by mosquitoes...I'm sure they were starving after having no food for a couple of days. We don't even know whose fence it is but are happy to replace it ourselves, which is the cheapest way to go.
I did all the depressing kinds of things like switching out summer clothes for fall/winter clothing and putting away sandals. We did rotten chores like cleaning windows and vaccumming up spiders, who are now finding their ways inside as it gets cooler outside. The washing machine is groaning in agony because we did so many loads of laundry.
I had dinner last night with my friend and former co-worker Sara at Kowloon on Rte. 1. It took us each about 10 minutes to decide on what to order because their menu is so huge. Bruce took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese while I went to dinner...I felt a little guilty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Every mom needs her own time...don't feel guilty!
Post a Comment