Friday, September 26, 2008

Lunch Date

Today I had a lunch date with Alana. Jessica brought her to the Burlington Mall to get some exercise because it was raining out. So I met them and Alana and I had lunch in the Rainforest Cafe while Jessica caught up with a friend.

I can't remember the last time we had time together alone, so it was fun. She was a little scared of the monkeys and gorillas that come on over the loudspeaker and she was shaking. But then she got used to it. She loved the elephants and the fish tanks. She kept pointing at the blue fish and saying, "Dory! There's another Dory! And another Dory!" So I explained they are Dory's family. Dory is the fish that Ellen Degeneres voices on "Finding Nemo" for all of you that haven't watched "Finding Nemo" a thousand times with your kids.

I told her I had to go back to work and she said, "I have to go to work too." I left her feeding pennies to the crocodile outside the restaurant and arguing with Jessica about having to go home for a nap.

P.S. Their Cobb salad is AWESOME. It's HUGE so it feeds a few people.

1 comment:

The Miller Family said...

That sounds like a lot fun!