Sunday, January 11, 2009

Flying Monkey

Declan had his first experience as a trapeze artist today. We went to Jordan's Furniture, where they have lots of other things to do besides look at awesome furniture and wish you were rich with a huge house. The Trapeze School of New York has a location there. Every time we visit, Declan watches the people flying by and wants to try but we always thought he was too small. Today was quiet and they told Bruce that it would be fine for Declan. For $10, he got the whole experience, complete with belts, pulleys, ropes and bars.

He was so funny and we were laughing so hard. He was very excited to be up on the platform, not afraid at all. He had a HUGE smile on his face. They pulled the bar to him and he didn't know what to do with it, but the second time, he grabbed on and they pushed him off the platform. He swung, kicked his legs and just hung there. And hung there, and hung there...for about a minute! I was sure his little arms would be tired but he was so happy. Then he dropped down and came to us. Of course he wanted to do it again and again and again, but at $10 a pop, we deterred him.

1 comment:

Auntie Katey from Maine said...

OMG! I am totally laughing at that picture! I will give me something giggle about ALL day. I can easily amuse myself.